- The Big Berkey water filter system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
- Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Due to state regulations, we cannot ship this product to California or Iowa.