Every part of Brush with Bamboo’s toothbrush is plant-based: bristles, handle, and box. Brush with Bamboo is the first company in the world to introduce toothbrush bristles made completely from non-fossil fuel carbon.
- Soft bristles made from 100% Castor Bean Oil. USDA Certified 100% Biobased. Bristles made in Germany.
- Bamboo handle.
- The box encasing the toothbrush is made from paper – no tape or glue is used.
- USDA Certified Biobased. Green American Certified. Vegan. BPA-Free. Natural and Non-toxic.
- Bamboo is natural woody material that will fade over time. The bamboo on the top portion of your toothbrush that goes in your mouth may begin to appear lighter and faded with use. This is normal! It will not affect your brushing experience.
- With proper care, a bamboo toothbrush will last just as long as a conventional plastic toothbrush. The American Dental Association recommends replacing your toothbrush every 3 months, or when the bristles have frayed.
Disposal of the Toothbrush
- Every toothbrush is composed of three parts: a handle, bristles, and metal staples that are used to clamp the bristles to the handle. Metal staples are normal in toothbrush manufacturing and are also present in all plastic toothbrushes. The metal staples used in Brush with Bamboo toothbrushes are aluminum – aluminum staples are the most common type of staples found in any type of toothbrush worldwide. The USDA Certified 100% Biobased bristles and bamboo handle of the Brush with Bamboo toothbrush will eventually return to the soil. If you would like to remove the aluminum staples from your toothbrush, you may remove the bristles from the head of the toothbrush – this will also remove the metal staples holding the bristles into the handle. Aluminum is not biodegradable but it will break down through chemical reactions in the environment. Aluminum is also highly recyclable. 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
- The bare toothbrush handle can be disposed of in a commercial composting bin and will safely return to the soil within 6 months. Or you can compost it in your own home. However, the handle is a perfectly good piece of high quality bamboo – feel free to reuse it!