The Veggie Saver is designed to keep your fruit and veggies fresh for two weeks or more in the crisper of your fridge. Made up of multiple, unique layers of non-toxic, unbleached and unseeded cotton, its award-winning design allows for moisture to be pulled through the outer layers to enhance hydration, while the inner layers promote breathing and reduce ethylene build-up, so fruit and veggies are kept fresh, crisp, and nutrient-dense for longer.
Your award-winning Veggie Saver will not only keep fruit & veggies fresh for 2+ weeks, but you'll also waste less food, spend less on produce gone bad and help protect the planet by reducing your use of plastic items.
- Machine washable
- Plastic-free, non-toxic, compostable, reduce household food waste
- 39cm x 30cm (flap closed)
- Made from multiple unique layers of 100% natural unseeded, unbleachedcotton materials, the Veggie Saver is both non-toxic and non-allergenic.
- Designed in Australia and manufactured in India. The manufacturer of Veggie Saver is certified by SEDEX for Ethical Trading practices.
inside out, in full sun. Make sure your bag is 100% dry before putting it away. Once washed, it
will become more absorbent and will be more efficient at keeping your produce fresh. Wash
your bag every two weeks and follow the instructions on the care label.
How to use your Veggie Saver
Before using, cool-machine wash your Veggie Saver, preferably with a plant-based detergent.
Hang to dry in full sun (avoid the dryer as it will shrink!). This critical first step relaxes the fabric
and activates its water-absorbing superpowers, so please don't skip it! Before storing the Veggie
Saver into your crisper, wipe out your fridge and crisper with white vinegar to remove any
How to use:
1. Soak your produce in a sink full of lukewarm water with a splash of white vinegar for 15
minutes to reduce germs and bacteria. Pat dry really well. This step is not required; however, is
recommended as best practice.
2. Dampen your Veggie Saver under the tap a little and massage the water into the middle layer,
wringing out any excess water. The inside of the bag should be dry in parts and not noticeably
wet. Too much dampness is not good for your fruit and veggies. Whenever you start to feel the
outer layer dry out then it’s time to reapply water. You don’t have to take all the contents out, just
sprinkle it with water from the outside and put it back in your crisper.
3. Place your produce in your Veggie Saver and then into the crisper of your fridge for best
results. Most fruit and veggies can be mixed together in your Veggie Saver.
4. Machine wash every 2-3 weeks or as needed.