PARDON THE DUST WHILE WE REMODEL THE WEBSITE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT SUSTAINABLE WARES
- How did Sustainable Wares come about?
- What makes your products sustainable?
- What is your mission statement?
- Who is Sustainable Wares?
ABOUT MY ORDER
- Will my order be shipped in an environmentally friendly manner? We ship all orders in upcycled, reusable, recycled/recyclable, or compostable materials whenever possible. All other shipping supplies are proudly purchase from Eco Enclose. We hope to offer a carbon neutral shipping option in the future.
- How is the shipping calculated on my order? Please be aware the shipping charge shown at checkout is only an estimate and is calculated on the high side so that we can quickly refund your payment once your order is processed. The shipping is calculated using the total dollar amount of your order. This is the break down of how shipping is calculated: $1.00 to $10.00 = $5.00, $10.00 to $20.00 = $10.00, $20.00 to $30.00 = $20.00, $30.00 to $50.00 = $25.00, $50.00 and up = $35.00. Once your order is processed and ready to ship you will be refunded the difference and will only be charged the actual shipping rate.
- Why am I being charged sales tax? Per Kenai Peninsula Borough sales tax codes a 7.5% sales tax will be charged for all orders shipped within the State of Alaska. 7.5% is the local sales tax for Homer, AK, where your order is being shipped from. Thank you for supporting our local economy.
- Do you offer international shipping? No, we currently do not offer international shipping. We hope to offer international shipping in the future.
- Do you offer local, in-store pick up? We do! You can now shop Sustainable Wares 24 hours a day and pick up later when we are open. Or, you can make purchases for your Homer friends and family to pick up locally. Just choose "pick up locally" for your shipping method at checkout and follow the rest of the instructions. Although there are no shipping charges for local pick up, you will be charged sales tax which is 7.5% for Homer, AK.
- What is your return policy? All returns will be considered on a case by case basis and with your happiness in mind. All returns must have record of purchase. Full refund within 30 days of in store or online purchase. For in store purchases only, a store credit will be issued after 30 days of purchase or if no receipt is available. No cash or check refunds. No returns on body care products, cosmetics, undergarments, or any used products. Customer must pay shipping for all returns. Please fill out the contact page here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to return a product or have other questions about our return policy.
- When will I receive my order? We will process your order in 1-2 business days. Our standard shipping is USPS Priority which is estimated to be a 1-3 day service. You can expect your order to arrive at its destination in 2-5 business days.
- Do you offer gift wrapping? Yes, we offer free gift wrapping. All of our gift wrapping options come from upcycled materials. We currently have brown packing material saved from our inventory shipments, used or outdated nautical charts, and upcycled fabric. The wrapping will be finished off with hemp twine and a nautical chart gift tag. Please leave a "Note to Seller" to request a gift wrap option and a message for the gift tag in the Review and Submit Order section of your checkout.
- How do I purchase a gift card? We have two gift card options, an e-gift card to be used for online shopping only and a physical gift card to be used only at our brick and mortar store. Both can be conveniently purchased online here.
- Can I place an order by phone or email? Absolutely! We are in the process of adding all our products to the online store. If you can't find a certain product that you have seen in our brick and mortar store it either has not been added to the website or it is out of stock. You can contact us by phone at 907-235-1030, on the contact page here, or email at email@example.com. Please do not leave any credit card information on the contact page or email.
- I would love to write a review, how do I do that? There are so many opportunities to write a review. About two weeks after you place an order you will receive an email requesting a review on the items you purchased. You can also find us on Google to write a review and post photos of your experience. Reviews on Facebook are also a great way to show your love. Are you on Instagram? So are we! Show off your wares with #sustainablewares or tag us @sustainablewares. And last but not least, spread the word to your family and friends!
- I want to suggest a product for you to sell, how do I do that? We are always open to suggestions for new products you think would be a good fit for Sustainable Wares. Please leave a message on the Contact Us page or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have a brick and mortar I can visit?
- I have more questions, what is the best way to contact you? Here are the many ways to contact us: on the website Contact Us, email at email@example.com, we are very responsive to Facebook messages, you could even try Instagram, and of course there is always a phone call at 907-235-1030 or mail (although we really don't like paper mail) to the address below.